It is a simple and refreshing drink with an unique flavoring. It has the look of a tropical juice - carbonated.
The drink is usually served in beer mugs (almost every restaurant serves so) and with a different glass you miss the feel of Chapman.
Let we now see, how to make 2 mugs (500ml x 2) of Cilantro's Special Chapman.
All you need for making this special mock-tail:
- one 330ml can of Fanta or Mirinda
- one 330ml can of Sprite or 7Up
- 4 tablespoons of Blackcurrant Syrup / Squash
- 3 drops or 2ml of Angostura bitters (available in major Supermarkets, in Kano - Wellcare has)
- Squeeze of Lemon / Orange
- For garnising Cucumber slices & Lime wedges
- Crushed Ice
- Fill both the mugs with a quarter of crushed ice
- Pour 2 tablespoons of Blackcurrant syrup / squash into each of the ice filled mugs
- Equally divide both the carbonated drinks and pour into the mugs
- Add the drops of bitters - take efforts to see you are not adding much
- Now squeeze the slices of Lemon and Orange into the mug.
- Give a stir and garnish with Cucumber slices and lemon wedges
- Can be presented with a cocktail umbrella and broad spring straw
Hope the readers will have a try of making this drink in their house.
The drink is also available at Cilantro Restaurant & Lounge, Kano, Nigeria, specially made by its Chef.